Thursday, December 16, 2010

Podcasting

I think Podcasts can be a great tool, but like much of the resources available on the internet, you need a pretty good connection to take advantage of it. Since my home connection could best be described as "dodgy" (sorry Virgin Broadband, but you know it's true) I have never really got into Podcasts at all.

I had a look around on the Library Success Wiki and didn't find much Australian content on there at all. I looked at Lincoln City Libraries, and they have a program called 'Casting About which are satff book reviews done as an interview and presented as an audio file. That seemed to be a pretty good idea to me, assuming your staff are happy to do it.

The library could use Podcasting to present book reviews, it could also record talks and events that occur here and make them available. Podcasting could be used for staff training, and also to "spread the word" from the CEO or other management.

I had a look around the web for some Podcasts that I might like to listen/sunscribe to. Lonely Planet the travel company do Podcasts on various travel topics that are quite interesting. The ABC website http://www.abc.net.au/services/podcasting/ has heaps of current information, and would be a great way to keep up with current affairs and topics you might otherwise miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment