Friday, December 10, 2010

Library Thing, I think I love you!

Well, what an easy way to pass (waste?) some time. The temptation is strong to JUST KEEP ADDING BOOKS. It's so satisfying to seem them all listed there with the cover pages and all. I have an urge to wander around my house with my laptop, and add in all the books I can find, just to see them all listed nicely! My Library Thing page is here if you would like to take a look. I am planning to add a Library Thing widget to the blog, but so far I'm not having much luck. I followed the instructions (well, I tried to) but no joy, so I'll try asking someone for help next. So time will tell whether a widget will appear on here or not!

I really like the way you can click through to see who else has the same books, then see what else they have, and just keep going and going. A couple of quick clicks took me to the virtual libraries of people in Edmonton, Canada and in Johannesburg, South Africa, who share at least some of my literary tastes. Exploring other peoples libraries is interesting, and usually ends up with me seeing titles I think I'd like to track down and read myself.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I had to say ok you have about 12 books here in you library thing account, you can stop now! Also it does look sort of impressive having pictures of books changing away on your blog. Or maybe I am just easily pleased...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No but depending on what is on your Library Thing, the books that come up can be funny. I can have a Childern picture book with a historic Romance.

    But I must say I like how easy it is to add items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the blog of someone else every single book which came up on their blog was a food/cooking book. It made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Library thing ... oh you time waster you!

    ReplyDelete